Thursday, March 31, 2011

Friday Foto & a little re-assimilation

More and more I've been realizing that to some, being able to experience other cultures, and perhaps even the desire to do so, is a tremendous blessing that not everyone is able to partake in. It may be the thing that finally breaks down this wall between "us and them"... Actually some people don't really even want to break it down like that. Which makes me really sad. There is so much more going on in the world, in the universe, even, that is bigger than decades of assumptions, ulterior political motives, discrimination, ostracizing, and a lot of other words that make your heart sad.

I made new friends who are absolutely amazing, and really wish I'd had a little more time to spend with them. All of the places we went and the sites we saw were beautiful, old, some, literally falling apart (the 4" bruise on my hip and my banged up knee are proof of this) but so full of history and heritage.

We took a day trip to see some old Roman ruins. While we were there it was time for the noon prayer.


We also were wonderfully serenaded one night by the local musicians. I could listen to it for hours. And I could have stayed there for weeks on end.


Happy Friday, and be the change this weekend, because it does start with you. :)
(and me)
s

No comments:

Post a Comment