Tuesday, November 16, 2010

At Random.

10 things.

1). So glad for the friendship of those that are walking with me in this passage of my life. Your honesty and time are not taken for granted. And you are all amazing in your own right. :)

2). Now I have to write a paper before I can graduate. As if I didn't have enough on my plate already. This may actually push off some of the other things, however... hmm... I am rather looking forward to addressing this challenge but am so so scared of getting torn to pieces by paper submission committees...

3). I tried my first batch of cold-brew iced coffee on Saturday. Delicious. However I need to make more!!!!!

4). People are so crafty sometimes!


5). Like to inhale aerosols? Enjoy bright colors? :D yes. And please wear a mask!!!!

6). The place where I live now is amazing and I am so thankful to be here with a roof over my head, a place to lay my head, and even a touchscreen microwave. I know that many people live with much much less and I don't ever want to take this for granted. Wondering how I can make a change in this area to help others. ..

7). A renewed perspective on who I am, and my goals for the near future and for my life in general is both encouraging AND challenging at the same time. I am learning more and more each day. And there is STILL so much to do, on so many levels.

8). A long but very interesting quote. I think it deserves a moment or two of your ponderous energies, but that's just me.
"It may be possible for each of us to think too much of his own potential glory hereafter; it is hardly possible for him to think too often or too deeply about that of his neighbour. The load, or weight, or burden, of my neighbour's glory should be laid daily on my back, a load so heavy that only humility can carry it, and the backs of the proud will be broken. It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you may talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and corruption such as you now meet if at all only in a nightmare.

All day long we are in some degree helping each other to one or the other of these destinations. It is in light of these overwhelming possibilities it is with awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never met a mere mortal, Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations, these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit -- immortal horrors or ever lasting splendours. "
~C.S. Lewis

9). Just Watch.


10). And I will leave you with my current jams:
   flags - Brooke Fraser
   Let Go - Toby Lightman
   Building a Bomb - Little Tybee
   Soldier of Love - Sade
   Lilies - Arovane <- my sleepy-time album!

No comments:

Post a Comment